If you don’t have MetaMask check out this guide on how to obtain it INSTALLING METAMASK
Step 3: Buying your tokens X8X tokens on Bancor
- Go to Bancor exchange website. Make sure the URL is exactly like the one shown below to avoid possible scam sites:
- At the top of the site you have the Convert widget. Here you can select which token you want to convert and what you want to convert it to. Because we want to convert ETH we will leave the FROM token as is. To change the target token click on the corresponding drop down tab:
- Find X8X and click it.
- Your widget should now look like this:
- Select the amount of ETH you want to exchange for X8X. The widget will automatically calculate the amount of X8X you will receive in return. (Because prices are constantly changing the numbers for you will likely be different than the ones seen in this guide)
- Click on “Convert”.
- A new window will pop up like this:
- The first arrow shows the balance on your MetaMask wallet. If you click it, it will set the buy amount to the whole balance of your wallet. If that is what you want it is faster and simpler than typing in 8 digits. You need to keep in mind that the cost of the transaction is not included, so the max amount you can buy is :
Max amount = MetaMask wallet balance – transaction fee
Transaction fee for ETH at the time of writing was about 0.003ETH.
- When you are happy with the amount you want to buy, click on the Buy button.
- A new window will pop up in which you can review your purchase. When you review your purchase click on “Proceed”:
- A MetaMask window will open asking you to confirm. Confirm by clicking “SUBMIT”:
- That’s it! Now all you need to do is wait for the transactions to process.
Step 4: Checking the token balance on MetaMask
- Tokens are not visible by default in MetaMask so you need to add them.
- Go to the MetaMask interface by clicking “the fox” icon in your browser
- Click the three dots and then click “View account on Etherscan”
- Click on “Token Balances” and then on the X8X token balance
- Here you will find your ERC20 Contract and Token Decimals. Click on the Metamask icon again.
- Click on “Tokens” and then “Add Token”:
- Enter the information found on Etherscan like so:
- Click “Add”
- Your X8X token balance should now appear in your MetaMask wallet in the Tokens tab:
How to sell my X8X for ETH?
- The same way you bought it!
- Go to Bancor exchange.
- This time select X8X as the FROM token and ETH as the TO token and click convert:
- Bancor detects the balance of X8X on your metamask wallet.
- Select the amount you want to sell.
- If anything is unclear go back to Step 3 in this guide and follow the instructions. Just keep in mind that this time X8X should be FROM and ETH should be TO token.